Saturday, April 12, 2008

Area and Experience

For those of you who have never been to Macon, Georgia, Cherry Blossom time here is the pinkest week all year. It can also be sometimes strange. I'll give you some examples...






























However, it can also be one of the most beautiful times of the year.



































We had the Cherry Blossom parade, which will be my last event with my Dance and Flag Teams. It was unseasonably freezing this day, by the way. Here's a picture.




























Now at the practice the day before, I was so sad that it was our last event. I even told the band director that I would probably cry at the parade. Low and behold, the girls gave me a run for my money and by the time we left the parade, I was so mad at them that I was way past being sorry I was leaving. After they pulled stunts like running to Walmart right when it was time to get on the bus, not having their long sleeves, whining about not having enough time to "battle" the other bands, hiding in the Music Hall of Fame, and then blaming all of their problems on their "mean coach", I was completely over it when it was time to go home. And here I thought I would miss them...

But.... a day later, I already missed them. I have become so attached to these girls. They are like my children away from home. They come to me for EVERYTHING. Boy problems, math tutoring, problems at home, passes to class, selling stuff.... My room is the locker room for these girls, and the hang out before school and between classes. I am blessed to have had them in my life. I truly love them and will miss them.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They will MISS YOU just as much!! You are a wonderful example to them! You should be proud!! And you will be remembered!

Love you more...